· Pain and symptom management
INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM APPROACH TO PLANNING YOUR CARE
· Emotional Support, short-term counseling
VOLUNTEER SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AND CAN BE ASSIGNED TO MEET PATIENT/FAMILY NEEDS
BEREAVEMENT SERVICES AND GRIEF SUPPORT FOR FAMILY MEMBERS
· Support groups
· Patient Centered: We believe you; what is important to you is important to us.
· Physical, Occupational, Speech and/or dietary counseling
Grief following the death of a loved one is a normal, healthy and necessary process. The process is different for everyone and there is no "right way" to grieve. Increasing one's understanding of the natural grief and mourning process may make the experience less overwhelming.
High Desert Hospice offers bereavement support to surviving family and friends whether or not they had a friend or family member who had hospice care. These services include:
· Individual counseling services to community members who are anticipating or adjusting to death, loss, and grief.
· High Desert Hospice provides a weekly grief support group. Call our office for the date, time and location.
· Our counseling staff is available by telephone to provide information and referrals to community resources related to terminal illnesses, the dying process, and grief.